1.30.2014

Thoughts on love



The other day my husband and I were talking how much we love our little munchkin and wondered how in the world are we going to love our next child as much (or any other children we may have). I am sure all parents have felt this way for a moment. Your heart is so full of love for your son or daughter that it's hard to imagine any more love left to give another child, if you are blessed with another. But, of course, there is a way. We are all capable of more and more love. The more we are willing to let into our hearts, the more our heart grows and our capacity to love grows. I am so grateful to be a parent and for this little glimpse into what our Father in Heaven must feel for all of His children.


2 comments:

  1. This was my biggest fear about having another child. So much in fact, that when it took longer for us to get pregnant with #2 (and a miscarriage) I wondered (falsely) if it was because of my lack of love. But, the spirit taught otherwise, and although I don't understand how it can, love does not split. Thanks for this great insight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing this, Lisa. I can't imagine all of the emotions and understanding that comes with a miscarriage. But, I do think it's amazing how our Heavenly Father can comfort and teach us when we are willing. It's also amazing to see love grow!

      Delete