1.03.2014

Merry Merry

Here's a little recap of the Eyre Christmas 2013.

Our Christmas was happy and low-key. We pretty much just hung around the house eating treats and watching movies. (Note-the following are holiday movies I need to watch every year: While You Were Sleeping, Elf, The Holiday, White Christmas and of course, Little Women.) On Christmas Eve, we made chicken fettuccine alfredo, opened one gift each, and read the Christmas story in Luke 2. We also gave each other the ornament we made that year. (The first Christmas we were married, Tyson suggested that we start a tradition of making ornaments for each other every year. This was our forth Christmas married and we are starting to get quite the collection.) This year Tyson made me a cupcake ornament and I attempted to make a salt dough ornament with Jack's handprint.

Christmas morning we woke Jack up, warmed up his bottle, and went downstairs to our Christmas tree. We opened our gifts to each other and left Jack's presents to be opened when my parents joined us. Tyson got some clothes, a Red Robin gift card, lots of socks and a coupon for a nice office chair to be purchased later. Tyson gave me coupons for dinner and a movie, a gallon of Leatherby's ice cream (Yes! Traci's Peanut Butter Cup, anyone?) and a promise to buy paint of any color for a gift he had for me downstairs. Yep. He bought me two dressers, all ready to be painted. (I've wanted a bedroom makeover for a few years now and we are finally doing it!) Oh, and we finished a tufted headboard together later that week that was also my gift. What the? Remember how my sweet husband always goes over our gift budget every year? I am a lucky lady. (Pictures of the paint and projects will be coming soon.)

My mom and dad came over and spent Christmas day with us. None of my siblings were in town this year, so it was just us and my parents. Tyson made rabanada, Brazilian french toast which is basically a sugared up version of our french toast, for breakfast which started us on our sugar high for the day. We opened a few more gifts, most of them for little Jack. We got him a new convertible car seat (yay!) and a few toys. One was a xylophone which put an instant smile on his face when it was played. But, his favorite things were definitely the orange from his stocking and the big box Tyson pushed him around in. Tyson's parents stopped in for a visit and Jack showed off the huge smile he had been wearing all day.



It was a good Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. That boy of yours is so cute. What a lucky girl you are!

    ReplyDelete