1.13.2014

A mustache and pumpkin first birthday for Jack

Happy First Birthday to our little boo, Jack! Okay, he's actually 15 months old now and this was last fall, but since I just started this blog I'm allowed to post the photos and details from his birthday party now. Right?

Jack turned one year old on October 4, 2013. We invited friends and family over for a mustache and pumpkin themed birthday party! We did a sweet and salty popcorn bar with mason jars filled with candy, nuts and everything in between. Pumpkin chocolate chip and chocolate cupcakes were also on the menu, along with lemonade and water. Mini orange pumpkins, black mustache cupcake toppers, and black and white mustache napkins helped to decorate our teal kitchen table lined with a burlap runner. We set it up outside (so we could finally use our newly laid sodded backyard) but it was too cold so we just got our treats and crammed back into the house. I even ironed a mustache onto a white onsie for Jack. He liked it.



I made a mini burlap banner with mustaches to hang on his high chair. But my favorite touch was the banner hung behind the food table with all of Jack's monthly onesie photos we've been taking of him all year (details to come later)! It was so fun to finally see them all together and how much he changed month to month.



Jack seemed a little shocked to have so many people over with most of the attention on him. But, I think he was okay with it in the end. I made him a chocolate cake with a whipped cream frosting. He poked at it with his finger but wouldn't dig in so we fed him his birthday cake with a fork. Little bug.



We are so happy and blessed to be this little guy's parents. We can't imagine our lives without Jack. We loved celebrating his first birthday with both sets of grandparents, many cousins, aunts, uncles and friends. He is one loved boy.

2 comments:

  1. You are so adorable. I love your decoration skills. I still haven't done a themed party for Adam. This year I might, he actually asked for a helicopter party. I think I should do it :) Happy Birthday Jack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! You're sweet. You should do it! Yeah...I don't think I'll be doing a themed party every year, but I just wanted to make his first birthday special.

      Delete