3.11.2015

January flowers.

I love when a friend calls me up to ask if I can do some flowers for their wedding! My favorite. Since I'm a stay-at-home mom with the little kiddos, I haven't been doing as much floral design as I used to so it's so fun to do once in a while. This is something I love and helps me keep my creative juices flowing. There is nothing better then some fresh flowers to brighten up your day (or home)!

Both of these friends I knew from my many days in LDS singles wards (ha!). I did a bouquet and bout for Sara's wedding day. She just wanted white flowers with some roses and left the rest up to me. I chose ranunculus, spray roses, football mums, silver brunia, dusty miller, and eucalyptus leaves.



I also did some centerpieces for my friend Clint's wedding luncheon (they went tubing at Soldier Hollow for their luncheon!). I used a variety of jars in different sizes to mix and match three per table. Their colors were variations of purples and greys. I chose hydrangea, stock, lisianthus, spray roses, dusty miller, silver brunia, and some winter greens.



I am so thankful that I started working at the old Provo Floral back in my college days (yes, it's been 12 years or more since I've been playing with flowers!). It's lead to many years working and learning from different shops, companies, a summer internship in Hawaii, and from some wonderful and talented ladies! I just may have to do a whole post about my floral past. That could be fun. Until then, I hope a few pictures will do to help put a smile on your face. I mean, who doesn't love flowers?

No comments:

Post a Comment